- 2 pears, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup canned cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup dried dates, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup Cranberry Pear Rose Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1 large pumpernickel bread boule
- 10oz wheel gorgonzola or bleu cheese
- Rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Place pears, cranberry sauce, dates, vinegar, and honey in a medium saucepan and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, frequently stirring, for 15 minutes or until the pears have softened and the sauce has thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the top off the bread boule and, using the wheel of bleu as a guide, cut out the center of the boule, making sure not to cut through the bottom. Slice slits around the edge of the boule, slicing only 3/4 through.
- Place the boule on the prepared baking sheet and brush, inside and out, with olive oil. Place the wheel of bleu inside the boule and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese melts and the boule crisps.
- Remove from the oven and place on a platter.
- Spoon the pear compote into the bread boule or serve on the side.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs before serving.