- 2 teaspoons Picual EVOO
- 3 lbs. boneless pork butt
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 5-6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup Jalapeño Lime Balsamic
- 1 12oz bottle Mexican-stlye lager beer
- 1/2 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 3/4 cup red, yellow and orange bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon Jalapeño Lime Balsamic
- 1 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- Program your slow cooker to sauté and drizzle with oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add pork and sear on all sides.
- Add seasonings (salt, cumin, oregano and garlic), balsamic and beer, cover, and reduce heat to slow cook on low.
- Cook the carnitas for 6-8 hours or until cooked through and fork tender.
- Remove from the slow cooker and using a fork, pull the pork into small pieces. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onion, balsamic, garlic and paprika in a bowl, toss to combine the
salsa. Season to taste with salt and let the salsa flavors meld together for 30-45 minutes before serving.
- Serve carnitas with queso fresco crumbles, cilantro, tortillas and lime wedges.
*An original Carter & Cavero recipe adaptation from MillPress*