Made with Barrel-Aged Balsamic and fig flavoring this Fig Balsamic Vinegar is a perennial favorite that exhibits great harmony with its rich and full flavors. One of our best selling balsamic vinegars. Our Fig Balsamic Vinegar is made for us by one of the most renowned makers of Balsamic Vinegar in Italy. It is made in Modena, Italy using traditional methods. First quality grape must, which is obtained from whole pressed grapes from locally grown late-harvested varietals, particularly Trebbiano and Lambrusco, is reduced by roughly half and left to ferment naturally for up to three weeks. The resulting concentrated grape must is then blended with a small amount of premium aged wine vinegar to balance the acidity and matured and further concentrated for a minimum of 18 months in Slavonia Oak casks. Fig flavoring is then added to the resulting Balsamic which has a glossy and viscous dark brown color, with beautiful orange reflections. It has a velvety texture and a slight fruity sweetness, balanced 4.5% acidity and mellow oak undertones.
Product of Modena, Italy
- Perfect for finishing stews and risottos
- Delicious on grilled meats, fish and scallops
- Extraordinary over fresh cut berries, melon, aged cheeses and vanilla ice cream.
- Outstanding on a Caprese Salad (Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil).
- Use on a dinner salad featuring sweet lettuce or spring mix.
- Balsamic Martini
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Balsamic Mayonnaise
- Brie & Fig Crostoni
- EVOO & Fig Vinaigrette
- Fig & Basil Vinaigrette
- Figs & Prosciutto
- Italian Sub with C&C Balsamic Vinegar
- Melon & Prosciutto
- Persian Lime & Fig Vinaigrette