• 1 c. Chipotle Olive Oil
• 2 large egg yolks at room temperature
• 2 garlic cloves, smashed
• 2 tsp. C&C Sea salt
• 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
• 1 bell pepper, seeded, de-ribbed and finely minced
• 1/3 c. finely shredded red onion
• 1 Tbs. lime juice
• Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
• 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded
• Chipotle-Lime Aioli
• 1 large jalapeno, seeded, de-ribbed and finely minced
Preparation: In the bowl or food processor or blender jar, add the egg yolks, salt, garlic and lime juice. Process until well com- bined. Very slowly, add olive oil while machine is running. Once oil is completely poured in and emulsified, remove to a sealed container and refrigerate. Makes 1 & 1/4 cups of aioli.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve over a fried chicken sandwich or as a side dish. Makes approx. 6-8 cups of coleslaw.
*An original Carter & Cavero recipe adaptation from The Crushed Olive.