- 2 tablespoons Rosemary Agrumato Olive Oil
- 2 each garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 each yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 each carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 each celery stalks, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 each bay leaves
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 12oz. andouille, chorizo, or kielbasa sausage, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh rosemary and parsley and Rosemary Agrumato for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add garlic, onion, carrots, and celery and sauté until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add broth and tomato paste, stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, stir in bay leaves, lentils and sausage, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide soup between bowls and garnish with fresh herbs and a drizzle of Rosemary Agrumato.
*An original Carter & Cavero recipe adaptation from MillPress*