- ¾ cup Apricot White Balsamic
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp Honey
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- Pinch of Salt
- 10 dried Apricots, halved
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Koroneiki EVOO
- 1 cup Pastry Flour
- ⅔ cup Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ cup White Chocolate chunks
- ½ cup Kumquats or Citrus slices for color (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- In a small sauce pan, place the Apricot Balsamic, cinnamon, honey, lemon, and a pinch of salt and bring to a low simmer. Reduce by half.
- Coat the inside of a spring form pan with butter. Place apricots at the bottom of the pan (along with any additional citrus, for color), snuggly and in a circular fashion and pour the syrup over the fruit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the yogurt and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- In a separate bowl, sift in the pastry flour and add the remaining dry ingredients. Fold the dry ingredients, a little bit at a time, into the wet ingredients. Fold in the white chocolate.
- Pour the batter over the apricots and bake for 30 minutes, or until the cake gently wiggles when shaken. Cool slightly.
- Flip the cake carefully onto a large plate and unmold. Enjoy!
*An original Carter & Cavero recipe adaptation from Saratoga Oil Company