- 1 pound fresh shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Savannah Bee Rosemary Honey
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Combine all marinade ingredients together in a blender to emulsify, or whisk vigorously by hand.
- Put shrimp into a plastic Ziploc baggie (or two) and pour in the marinade.
- Seal and refrigerate for 15 minutes. The longer you marinate, the more tender your shrimp will be. Don’t exceed 8 hours of marination, though, or your shrimp will be too soft!
- After marinating, remove shrimp from bag and place them in a single layer in a pan set on medium-high heat.
- Sear on one side for 1 minute, then flip shrimp and sear on the other side for about 30 seconds. The shrimp should curl up and become opaque at this point.
- Remove from heat and drizzle with Rosemary Honey if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Sprinkle with salt after marinating– adding it into the marinade will dry out the shrimp.
- Garnishing with a slice of lime and a sprig of fresh rosemary is always a nice touch. Presentation is everything!
- Try this marinade on other proteins. Marinate chicken, pork, beef and lamb anywhere from 1 to 12 hours, depending on available time and desired tenderness and flavor.
Submitted by: Jess Brannen