Spicy Tomato Broth:
- 2 Tbs. Peperoncino & Garlic Agrumato Olive Oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tsp. Spaghettata
- 2 Tbs. Sherry Vinegar
- 1 lb. mussels, rinsed and cleaned
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- Pinch Fleur de Sel
- 1 Tbs. Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and drizzle a large baking sheet with Peperoncino & Garlic Agrumato.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and Roma tomatoes to the sheet and season with Spaghetatta seasoning and sherry vinegar.
- Place in the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes or until the tomatoes have burst.
- Transfer the tomatoes and pan drippings to the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Once simmering, add the mussels and garlic, cover, and steam for 10-12 minutes or until the mussels have opened (discard any mussels that do not open).
- Spoon mussels and tomato broth into bowls, season with Fleur de Sel, drizzle with Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, and garnish with parsley before serving
*An original Carter & Cavero recipe adaptation from Seasons*
Leave A Comment