- 1 14-oz. block extra-firm or super-firm tofu
- 4 tbsp. Butter Infused Olive Oil, divided.
- 1/2 tsp. Fleur de Sel, divided
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Infused Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp. Sicilian Blend Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Roasted Garlic Seasoning
- 1 12-oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- Jasmine rice or grain of your choice for serving
- Wrap the block of tofu in a kitchen towel and firmly press on all sides to remove moisture.
- Slice into equal size cubes, and season with 1/4 tsp. Fleur de Sel.
- Combine Teriyaki Infused Balsamic Vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic, Dijon, Sicilian Blend Seasoning, and Roasted Garlic seasoning, 2 tbsp. Butter Infused Olive Oil and remaining 1/4 tsp. Fleur de Sel in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp. Butter Infused Olive Oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high.
- Once hot, add tofu and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, turning to brown all sides, until golden and crisp.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, pour in balsamic marinade, and cook 1 minute, often stirring until marinade begins to reduce and coat the cubes of tofu.
- Stir in roasted red pepper; remove from heat.
- Serve the tofu and marinade over rice or grain of choice.
*An original Carter & Cavero recipe adaptation from Seasons*