- 3 tablespoons Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil, divided
- 12oz cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon Truffle Salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1lb. fresh baby spinach
- 4 bacon slices, cooked crisp and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Brush the foil with 1 1/2 tablespoons of Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil and arrange the sliced mushrooms in a single layer.
- Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven, flip the mushrooms, and return to the oven.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the mushrooms are dried. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat the remaining Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about one minute.
- Deglaze with wine and simmer until the wine has mostly evaporated.
- Add the flour, stir to combine, and lightly toast for one minute, creating a roux.
- Add the half and half to the pot, whisk to combine with the roux, and bring to a low simmer.
- Continue to simmer until slightly thickened, and season with White Truffle Salt and nutmeg.
- Add spinach to the pot, working in batches, frequently stirring, until wilted, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once wilted, remove from the heat, and transfer to a serving platter.
- Top the creamed spinach with crispy mushrooms and chopped bacon before serving.
*An original Carter & Cavero recipe adaptation from Seasons*
Leave A Comment