For the Crust:
- 10 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 ¼ cups all – purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar, (plus more for dusting)
- 1 Tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- ¼ Tsp. Fleur de Sel
For the Lemon Curd:
- ½ Tbsp. lemon zest
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 3 yolks
- 1 ½ Tsp. cornstarch
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Lemon Agrumato Olive Oil
- Pinch Fleur de Sel, (plus more to finish)
- Preheat the oven to 325˚ F.
- Line a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, pulse together the flour, both sugars, zest and salt.
- Add the butter and pulse until a crumbly dough forms.
- Press the dough onto the pan. Bake until light golden brown, about 30 minutes. ( While the crust is baking, make the curd.)
- In a saucepan, whisk together the lemon juice, sugar, eggs, yolks, cornstarch and salt over low heat, bring to a boil until thickens.
- Remove from heat and strain into a bowl. Whisk in the butter, zest and Lemon Agrumato Olive Oil.
- Pour the curd over the crust and bake until the center is just set, about 10 to 15 minutes. Cool, cover & chill in the refrigerator for several hours. Cut into bars. Before serving, dust the bars with confectioners’ sugar and a sprinkle of Fleur de Sel.
Leave A Comment