- 1/4 cup Cilantro & Red Onion Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup Apricot White Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 each garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup basmati or brown rice
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup olives, pitted
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic, garlic, cumin, turmeric, coriander, paprika, salt and pepper, whisk until blended.
- Place the chicken in a casserole dish or a large plastic zipper bag. Add half of the dressing to the chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour (or up to overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place marinated chicken on a baking sheet and roast for 12-15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cook rice according to the instructions on the package.
- To serve, divide rice and chicken between bowls and top with spinach, chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber and olives.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing.
*An original Carter & Cavero recipe adaptation from MillPress*