Here’s a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy Carter & Cavero where
ever you go!
Have you ever tried a salad in a jar? The key is in the layering, the ingredients are anything you would like to eat that day.
1) BOTTOM – dressing (Black Cherry Balsamic Dressing with Cobrancosa EVOO and a touch of Dijon mustard.)
2) Heavy ingredients that hold up well when submerged in dressing – beans, cucumbers, radishes, onion.
3) Heavy items that you may not want directly touching the dressing when stored – tomatoes, avocados,
4) Leafy greens/light ingredients that take up a lot of space – spinach, kale, chard, arugula, lettuce.
5) A small amount of heavy accent items – nuts, seeds, dried fruit, croutons, accent spices.
6) TOP – colorful ingredients to perk up your taste buds when you pop open the jar – fruit, edible flowers, herbs.
Make the salad in a jar ahead of time and vacuum-seal them so you have one for every day of the work week! Be sure to store them the in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Or if you do not have a vacuum sealer simply make one jar the night before and take it with you the next day. When ready to eat simply shake it up and put on a plate to enjoy.