- Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup certified gluten-free whole oats
- ¼ cup certified gluten-free oat flour*
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sliced almonds or chopped pecans
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. ginger
- ⅛ tsp. cloves
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved**
- 1 ripe red pear, peeled, cored, and cut into half-inch chunks
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 c. Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brush Blood Orange Olive Oil onto a 7 x 5 baking dish. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, add cherries, chopped pears and lemon juice. Stir.
- In small bowl, add oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Add butter blending with a pastry blender or rubbing butter into flour mixture between fingers.
- Pour fruit mixture into prepared gratin dish.
- Drizzle evenly with the balsamic and top with the crumble mixture, patting lightly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until browned on top and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with vanilla bean ice cream, if desired.
*An original Carter & Cavero recipe adaptation from Gustareoliveoil.com