- 1 1/2 lbs. scallops
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb. sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup Bourbon Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place scallops in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season with saltand pepper, toss to coat.
- Wrap bacon around scallops and secure with a toothpick.
- Place wrapped scallops on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until scallops are just tender and bacon
is lightly-crisp. For the last 5 minutes, increase oven temperature to broil, and continue to cook
until slightly caramelized (keeping a close eye on the scallops, so they wont burn).
- While the scallops are cooking, combine balsamic, brown sugar and soy sauce in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, whisking frequently, over medium-high heat. Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to the pan. Continue to simmer until sauce thickens, remove from the stove and set aside.
- Serve scallops with warm dip on the side and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
*An original Carter & Cavero recipe adaptation from MillPress*