1 (13.8 ounce) can Pillsbury Artisan Crust (with Wholegrain or substitute 12 ounces of refrigerated pizza dough)
2 tablespoons Nocellara del Belice EVOO
1 Medium Onion (thinly sliced)
1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme (chopped)
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
4 ounces Mozzarella Cheese (coarsely grated, about 1 cup)
½ cup Pecan Halves
¼ cup Pear Balsamic Vinegar
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Form pizza dough into a 15-inch by 10-inch rectangle (this doesn’t have to be exact, just close). Crimp the edges. Place dough onto baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the sliced onions, thyme and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent and begin to brown around the edges.
- Core and thinly slice the pear. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the cut pear and toss.
- Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the baked pizza crust then scatter the onions, mozzarella cheese, pear slices and pecan halves on top.
- Bake the pizza 6 to 10 minutes until cheese has melted and starts to bubble.
- While the pizza bakes, add the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan over medium heat then bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until thickened to the consistency of a thin syrup.
- Drizzle the balsamic syrup over baked pizza and serve.
*An original Carter & Cavero recipe adaptation from Inspired Taste*
Leave A Comment